I thought I'd give an update on my current setup. I no longer have a HTPC connected to the TV. I now have a Roku at the TV streaming from a media server.
- Roku HD
Channels I Use the Most
- Plex - Streams from media server.
- Hulu Plus - Streaming Hulu.
- Twonky Beam - Beam things from Smartphone to TV.
- Slacker Radio - Music streaming.
- Motherboard - Foxconn M61PMV AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
- Case - Rosewill R6426-P BK ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- Power Supply - Antec earthwatts EA380 380W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.0 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
- Processor - AMD Athlon X2 BE-2300 Brisbane 1.9GHz Socket AM2 45W Dual-Core Processor ADH2300DOBOX
- Memory - 2 Gigs
- Hard Drives - 2 500GB WD Green Drives and 2 500GB old drives - Total of 2TB. I plan on expanding.
- OS - Windows Server 2008
- Emit - Stream to smartphone and tablet. If I can get it to work.
- Plex Server - Stream TV shows and movies to Roku, smartphone and tablet.
- Google Music Uploader
- PC Monitor - Can monitor my server from any browsers or Android app. Has push notifications for updates to the server.
- Goodsync - Used to backup pictures and music to a different hard drive
- Growler for Windows - Sends notifications to smartphone via Squealer Android app and sends notification to other desktop.
- Dish Network 722K - Still going strong.
TV AND SOUND SPECS
- 42" RCA 1080P LCD HDTV
- Pioneer Receiver and surround speakers
- Sony Powered Subwoofer - just used for movies.
- Phillips learning remote control - Best $12 I ever spent.
Harmony 550 remote control - USB port stopped working so I just use this for the HTPC now.
OTHER WIRELESS DEVICES
- Kodak Frame
- Next Thermostat
OTHER ANDROID APPS USED
- uTorrent Remote
- PC Monitor - View media server stats
- Couch Fowarder - Used to browser Sickbeard and Couchpotato
- Beam - Used in conjunction with Twonky Beam
- Squealer - Used in conjunction with Growler for Windows
- Emit Free - Testing. Right now only local network works.
- Plex - Steams from media server to smartphone and tablet.
HTPC SOFTWARE I'VE USED IN THE PAST
- Yahoo Go! TV