I decided to start setting up the lights a week before Thanksgiving to work out any quirks. Boy am I glad I did! I used 2 of the wireless controllers for controlling the lights upstairs and 1 for the lights around the garage door. Initially I had the wreaths blinking opposite of the upstairs windows. After about a week of running the wireless boxes for the upstairs, the boxes stopped working altogether. And when the lights were suppose to turn on with the timer, they wouldn't. I noticed the lights would start working when I unplugged, then plugged the controller back in. I installed a switch so I didn't have to continue doing that. Now I just switch the switch off, then back on. To solve the 2 wireless controller problems I decided to leave the wreaths on all the time (with a timer) and run an extension cord from the 2nd story to the main controller box.
I'm not 100% happy with the setup but it'll have to work for this year. I'm tempted to do a whole automated computer setup. I just don't know that I'm willing to spend that much money and time on it. Check out the results in the video below.